Unit 5 --- Force and Movement
The easy things to remember
1. Forces are nearly always pushes or pulls.
2. Forces are measured in newtons --- "N"
3. They usually act in pairs
4. They always act in a certain direction.
5. A newton metre is used to measure forces
6. Forces can't be seen, but the effects of a force can be seen.
Forces can make objects do five things
1. Speed up --- like kicking a football
2. Slow down --- like air resistance
3. Change direction --- like hitting a ball with a bat
4. Turn --- like turning a spanner
5. Change shape --- like stretching and twisting